2 tablespoons sorghum flour (30gms)
4 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
1 cup of milk (optional)
Lemon juice (optional)
Yield 4 cups
Procedure for making sorghum flour
- Roast the sorghum seeds in a pan until they are dark brown then cool.
- Grind to get very fine flour in a posho mill, mortar and pestle, hand mill or a grinding stone
- Store in a tightly covered jar.
Procedure for making the porridge
- Bring the water to boil.
- Make a paste from 2 tablespoons of flour with cold water then add the mixture to the boiling water you stir using a wooden spoon until the mixture thickens.
- Add milk or lemon juice to taste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.