2 cups of pigeonpeas
¼ cup of grated carrots
2 finely chopped tomatoes
1 finely chopped onion
1 bunch of chopped dhania
2 tablespoons of cooking oil
Salt to taste
Yield 4 portions
- Clean the pigeonpeas and soak in water for 1 hour.
- Boil until cooked.
- Fry the chopped onions in cooking oil until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook until soft.
- Add the pigeonpeas and grated carrots and stir.
- Add salt to taste and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add dhania.
- Serve hot with boiled sweet potatoes, bananas, arrow roots, ugali, chapati or rice.