2 cups of wheat flour (500g)
1 cup of boiled and mashed pigeonpeas (250g)
1 tablespoon fat
½ cup cooking oil
Enough warm water
A pinch of salt
Yield 8 – 10 portions
- Sift the wheat flour and salt.
- Rub in the fat using fingertips until all the fat is well mixed.
- Mix in the pigeonpeas paste into the flour and fat mixture.
- Make a well in the center and pour in enough of the water to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough and allow rest for 30minutes. When soft divide into 10 balls.
- Roll each ball into a circle.
- Rub each circle top with oil and fold into a wheel.
- Rub each ball into a circle on a floured surface.
- Fry each circle on a low heat on both sides until golden brown.
- Keep the chapatis warm
- Serve hot