2 cups of pearl millet flour
2 cups of wheat flour
3 level teaspoons of baking powder
3 tablespoons of sugar½ cup cooking oil
A pinch of salt
Sufficient cooking oil
Yield 25 portions
- Sift the pearl millet, wheat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add the water gradually and knead to soft dough.
- Add the oil and knead further.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out to 1cm thickness and cut into desirable shapes and sizes.
- Deep fry to golden brown.
- Serve with a hot/ cold beverage.
Wheat flour is used to provide gluten needed to hold the product together- the ratio of wheat: pearl millet may be increased from 1:1 to 1:2.