1 cup of green grams (250g)
4 irish potatoes (egg size)
2 medium sized carrots
2 medium sized onions
2 garlic cloves (cut or mashed) – optional
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 cups of water
Salt to taste
Yield 10 portions
- Boil green grams until cooked.
- Peel potatoes and cut into appropriate sizes.
- Remove outer cover of the tomatoes and cut into small sizes.
- Fry onions in cooking oil until golden brown.
- Add the crushed garlic, and stir then add potatoes and carrots.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add boiled green grams and cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapati or rice.