We are keen on partnering to popularize millets and sorghum in India. This can be possible through: Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) campaigns – a game changer to bring healthy food back into the mainstream and improve the incomes of smallholder farmers. This is achieved by:
- Supporting millets and sorghum-based agri-businesses run by rural women
- Linking farmers to value chains
- Bringing millets and sorghum into the rural health advisories and midday meals in schools.
- Garnering government support to popularize millets and sorghum, enhance farmer incomes and build agri-businesses to combat malnutrition.
- Connecting with food processing industry for development of new millet and sorghum products.
The Smart Food initiative in India is led by: Indian Council of Agricultural Research – Indian Institute of Millet Research