4 cups of rice (1kg)
½ cup of pre-boiled sorghum (125grms)
½ cup of Pre-boiled peas (125grms)
3 medium sized onions
5 tomatoes (optional)
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 medium sized crushed ginger
5 tablespoons of cooking oil
2 tablespoons of pilau masala
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
Yield 10 portions
- Chop or slice the onions, fry until golden brown.
- Add the crushed garlic and ginger and fry until brown.
- Add the pilau masala and cumin seeds and cook slightly.
- Add the per-boiled cowpeas and pre-boiled sorghum and stir well.
- Add the washed rice and stir well.
- Pour in the hot water, add salt to taste and stir.
- Cover and simmer until cooked.
- Serve hot accompanied with a vegetable salad.