3 Cups of sorghum white flour
1 cup of wheat flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of margarine (500gm/500mls)
3cups of milk/water
10 level teaspoons of baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 teaspoons lemon/ orange juice (optional)
A few drops vanilla essence (optional)
Yield 10 portions
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl i.e. wheat flour, sorghum flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cream the margarine and sugar in a bowl to a creamy, fluffy texture using a wooden spoon.
- Gradually add in beaten eggs and mix well.
- Gradually fold in the dry, sifted ingredients using a metal spoon.
- Add milk or water and mix to a dropping constituency.
- Pour into a greased baking tin or sufuria and bake for 20-30 minutes.