Millets, including sorghum, are gluten free. Some millets need 60-65 days to mature while wheat needs 100-140 days.
Millet Cookies (Serving Size: Makes 25 to 30 cookies)
- 50 g butter
- 50 g icing sugar
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 40 g pearl millet flour
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Flour for dusting
- Mix butter, icing sugar and brown sugar in bowl, add an egg and vanilla essence. Whip it well.
- Add the millet flour, all-purpose flour and baking powder and knead it to a smooth doug
- Make 25 – 30 balls.
- Make a depression in the center of each ball and pipe jam into it (optional).
- Flatten the ball. It should be about 0.5 inch thick.
- Place the cookies wide apart on a cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C (360° F) for 20 to 25 minutes.