- Pineapples 150g
- Green gram flour 250
- Wheat flour 250
- Tree tomato 5 pcs
- Sugar 100g
- Ginger (grated) 10g
- Butter 100g
- Cinnamon 10g
- Milk 100ml
- Sift the flours together and add in the sugar and cinnamon. Add in the butter leaving sme for greasing.Rub in until you achieve a sandy texture.
- Peel and cut the pineapple into small dices and add them into the flour mixture plus some grated ginger and alternate with the milk until a dough is formed. Wrap with a cling film and leave to relax in the fridge
- Meanwhile in a cooking pot melt some sugar and squeeze out the tree tomatoe and some lemon and allow to simmer for 5 minute until its nice and saucy. Set asside.
- Roll out the rested dough mixture until 1cm thin and lay on a baking sheet.
- Put in an already preheated oven at 180 C and bake for 30minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean after being inserted.
- Slice and serve hot with the tree tomatoe compote.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.kenyankitchen.co.ke