200 whole grain pigeon peas
1 finely chopped medium sized onion
1 small crushed ginger
2 cloves of crushed garlic
40g of coconut grits
20g cooking oil
Salt to taste
Yield 4 portions
- Soak the pigeon peas in cold water overnight.
- Discard the excess water, rinse and boil the pigeon peas until tender.
- Fry the onions to golden brown.
- Add crushed garlic, ginger and fry to brown.
- Add the boiled pigeonpeas and stir.
- Add the coconut grits and stir thoroughly.
- Allow to simmer for 10minutes.
- Serve hot.